You’re at a great time in your life and it’s time to “get in the game”. Here are several points to keep in mind:
- Recognize that you alone are responsible for your life, career and future and that you can create situations where you are the master of your circumstances and not a victim.
- You can have whatever you want but recognize that you must work for it and earn it. Vince Lombardi once said, “The dictionary is the only place where success comes before work.”
- Far too many make the voluntary choice to perform below their full capabilities because they think it may be too hard to do otherwise. Don’t be one of them.
- Regularly question the “status quo” and be open to finding or creating new opportunities
- See mistakes as an opportunity to learn something new so that you keep moving forward.
- Don’t run from fear – confront it. Learn to take smart risks. Remember, a turtle moves forward by learning to stick out his neck.
- Try to learn something every day – stay sharp and keep an open mind.
It’s your time to strike out on your own. Don’t try to be perfect. Perfect is boring. Just give it your best effort on a consistent basis. Your future is out there waiting for you to create it.