Quiet confidence means that you believe in yourself 100% to the point where you know that success is the only option or outcome. In other words, you don’t talk about what you’re going to do, you let your actions and results speak for you. Individuals who possess quiet confidence know exactly what they must do to achieve their goals.
You have “quiet confidence” when:
- You approach your role with an organized and focused “get it done now” sense of urgency, keeping everything as simple as possible.
- You focus on the outcome, not just the tasks or “to-do’s”.
- You know how to evaluate risk.
- You ignore negative feedback based solely upon negative opinions lacking any constructive alternatives.
- You don’t worry about things you cannot control; you focus on what you can influence or direct and you stay in the moment.
An individual who has mastered the skill of “quiet confidence” is in it for the long haul. They know that one “win” is not the foundation of a successful career or business, nor does failure from time-to-time prevent you from being a success. They do the work required and challenge themselves to be better at every opportunity to meet their own standards and not those of others.