I find it interesting when someone says that they “know what they need to do.” You can almost see them patting themselves on the back for having recognized their need to act. Unfortunately, their recognition never turns into action and they continue to struggle with making the same mistakes, never progressing beyond their own self-imposed status quo.
Taking “knowing what you need to do” and translating that into specific actions is where many stall and fail. Why? Because they don’t realize that the required actions have as their foundation the clarity on what needs to be done; the self-discipline to actually do it; the persistence to work at it until they’ve succeeded; and the resilience to push through any barriers or obstacles they encounter. In other words, they lack the mindset to be 100% All In.
This 100% All In mindset allows you to take full control of your life or as I say to Step Up and Play Big and be the master of your circumstances. Here’s what a 100% All In mindset looks like:
- You have to be 100% all in on the decisions you make – no wavering.
- You have to be 100% all in to act on and follow your vision with discipline and intensity.
- You have to be 100% all in to remove the limits you set on your thinking and stop acting and thinking like someone who is less than you really are.
- You have to be 100% all in to not let fear, unjust criticism or rejection get in the way and slow you down.
- You have to be 100% all in to remember that what other people think of you is really none of your business.
- You have to be 100% all in when it comes to focus and energy.
- You have to be 100% all in when it comes to showing up each day committed to your purpose and goals.
- You have to be 100% all in to learn something every day so that you can be better than you were the day before.
- You have to believe 100% all in that you are stronger and more capable than you currently think you are.
- You have to be 100% all in to strive and give your best in all that you do.
- You have to be 100% all in to make something good happen every day.