Everyone should start their day by wanting to be great; not in an arrogant way but in a way that allows you to be your best and do your best. Many struggle with how to start building their path. Here are several actions that you can use to get started:
- Stop “hoping” that you will find your greatness. Now, hope is a wonderful attribute, but to me, it means that you are waiting for something to happen. Greatness never comes to those who wait for it. Greatness comes to those who have faith in their abilities and then use those abilities to make something happen.
- Stop trying to mimic or copy what others have done. Copying others or just acting like them will not cut it when building YOUR path to greatness. Look, it’s okay to learn from the experiences of others, but be you! You already have certain capabilities that will put you firmly on your path to greatness. You’re just not using those skills, so use them! What’s the worst that could happen? You’ll make a mistake. Big deal; learn from it and move on to the next challenge.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for help. Asking for help is not a sign of weakness. Rather, “not asking” is. Most people are very willing to offer assistance, but they are not mind readers. Asking for help in the right way is a great way to learn from the experience of others. So, get used to asking for help when you need to.
- Don’t let a new task intimidate you into not doing something that you know you really should do. Stop letting fear stop you or detour you off your path to greatness.
- Stop making excuses that you just don’t have the time to do the things you must do to help you learn and develop new skills and habits. If you don’t keep learning now, when will you have the time to do it later on?